Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
This article is about the song
|"Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World"
|Song by Marilyn Manson
|October 8, 1996
|1996 at Nothing Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana
|Alternative rock, industrial rock, noise rock
|Marilyn Manson, Twiggy Ramirez
|Marilyn Manson, Sean Beavan
"Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World" is the third track on the 1996 release Antichrist Superstar.
- House of Wax
- Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World — Appears on Antichrist Superstar.
- Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World (Live in Utica, NY) — Appears on Remix & Repent.
you cut off all of your fingers trade them in for dollar bills cake on some more make-up to cover all those lines wake up and stop shaking cause you're just wasting time don't you want some of this? don't you need some of this? you take but cannot be given you ride but cannot be ridden pinch this tiny heart of mine wrap it up in soiled twine you never read what you've written I'll be your lover, I'll be forever I'll be tomorrow, I am anything when I'm high Don't you want some of this? Don't you need some of this? you shove your hair down my throat I feel your fingers in me tear this bitter fruit to mess and wrap it in your soiled dress now you must spit out the seeds I'll be your lover, I'll be forever I'll be tomorrow, I am anything when I'm high all dried up and tied up forever all fucked up and dead to the world...
- In 2009, the song was added to the setlist of Manson's "The High End of Low Tour: North American Leg." Prior, the song hadn't been preformed live since the Dead to the World tour, nearly 12 years earlier.
- It was featured in the 2005 horror movie House of Wax.
- The opening bars of the song include the guitar riff used later in "Mister Superstar."